Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sitting on Pins and Needles

I had an interview yesterday for a long term sub position in a small rural district about thirty minutes from where I live. It went better than previous interviews I've had, but at the same time I wish I could go back and change some of my answers. I tried to prepare, but when you're sitting in front of the principal and the head of the department, it can be very intimidating.

Some things they asked:
  • Describe a lesson that went well for you.
  • Describe a lesson that didn't go so well for you.
  • Tell us about your background in education.
  • Our students really loved the teacher who's going on leave. How are you going to deal with the transition?

So now I feel like Kate Winslet at the Oscars, expecting to lose but hoping to hear my name. The difference will probably be that she won and I won't. I never thought getting a job would feel like winning a big award. Congratulations, you get to work!!

Please, please, please, please, please let me get this job!! As the saying goes, as long as there are tests (or job interviews), there will be pray in schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment