Thursday, March 5, 2009

File Under Another Job I Didn't Get

I'm not going to lie; I got my hopes up. To continue my metaphor from yesterday, I am Anne Hathaway, Melissa Leo, and Angelina Jolie. Not Meryl Streep, though. She all ready won several times and didn't need this Oscar to confirm her greatness as an actress (or me as a teacher).

I didn't get the long-term substitute job I interview for, and I was very disappointed by that. It was the kind of disappointment that can only be remedied by eating junk food while watching three hours of model reality shows and then sleeping in 'til ten.

So, I continue with the day to day subbing and interviewing for jobs I won't get. Such is the life of a substitute. Word on the street is that schools are starting to look for next year. However, unless you've successful taught a classroom of deaf-mute paraplegic orphans and been the president of the World Constructivist Literacy Panel for ESL Students while turning intercity gangbangers into highly functional members of society, don't plan on getting a job. They don't want average people as teachers. After all, how would they relate to average kids? They must have teachers who have dramatically altered the course of human events before the age of twenty five.

And so I buck up (again) and head back into the schools to attempt to make some sort of contribution to the world of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment